Saturday 22 June 2013

Waitomo Caves

Today we made our way to Waitomo caves, it was so much fun, but very cold and very wet. I found myself hoisting up a rather tight fitting wetsuit and placing a helmet on my head and beautiful white gum boots on my feet. I felt like an action hero! we had a few practices with the rope safety etc, and away we went into the limestone caves. I found myself absailing down a 30m rock face into the depths of another world. The caves were full of water and there were tons of hidden waterfalls and pools which acted as our obstacles. We got cold and drenched but it was so worth it. The glow worms wre beautiful and the lime stone formations were a natural art form. A fabulous 3 hours spent in a magical underground world. It made me think about how many caves are yet to be discovered...





No comments:

Post a Comment