Sunday 28 April 2013

A perfect suprise...

So i woke up on Friday and called work to see if there were any spaces left on the tour for dolphin swimming, luckily there were so i was excited to be spending an afternoon swimming with the dolphins before i leave Kaikoura.

I had a few things to sort out in town before i leave, like getting my paua shells polished so that i can send them home, they are beautiful and i really want to keep them, so hopefully they will turn out well and i can send them home.

I then returned home and had lunch and checked facebook, as i was scannin through i noticed the word 'Orca' in an updated status from Whale Watch! eeeeeeeek i started to get excited. We havn't seen orca in the area for about 6 weeks! i hurried my lunch and then headed down to work.

I noticed my text message memory was full, so i deleted some messages, then a message came through:

"Hey Jenny get your skates on come down to work we've got orca in the bay!"

I ran into work with a huge smile on my face and just prayed that they would stay around for me!

And of course they did, they are incredible! such a wicked feeling to see them feeding in the wild and so close to the boat, i got some wicked video, and some pictures which i have uploaded below! What a way to spend my day off!









No comments:

Post a Comment