Thursday 2 May 2013

Stray time, first stop Picton

I boarded the Stray bus in Kaikoura, it was all very easy, we travelled north through Blenheim and through to Picton. The scenery was fabulous, rolling hills and valleys. We arrived at 'the Villa' a lovely little hostel at 11ish am. I decided to do one of the walkways. I walked for about 3 hours to the Snout. Along the walk i had incredible views over Queen Charlotte Sound. As i made my way bac a french couple i had passed a few times asked if i wanted a lift in their camper van as the heavens had opened! i jumped at the opportunity. They kindly dropped me off at the hostel, i then made a lovely meal (pasta of course) and then jumped in the hostels hot tub outside and listened to the rain falling above me! perfect! I Then enjoyed FREE APPLE CRUMBLE! this is the life!







No comments:

Post a Comment